11/03/2013

Journey 24. The last days of Summer this Autumn. Rejviz and Nowa Huta.


It’s bound to rain in Novemer in Poland. And it is. Everything is grey. Even grass is of grayish colour. So how to cheer oneself up? Well, I still have some pics I took in October during last days of Summer that Autumn.





It’s funny how architecture changes geographically and politically, I guess.

Take a look at wooden houses in Rejviz, Czech Republic. Were they built to impress somebody or to survive tough Winters with the use of scarce resources? A house next to a house. It's better to stay close to your neighbour. Just in case. If I were to choose a place to live, it would be Rejviz.



Now, take a look at Nowa Huta's pics. Wide streets and wide pavements (and bike routes but they are a modern invention of course). Is the feeling of being overburdened by huge blocks of concrete known only to me? At the same time, Nowa Huta sinks in greenery. What strikes me is how well it is planned. At the same time, it makes me want to explore it, even though so many dreadful things have been said about its inhabitants. If I were to choose a place to live, it would be Nowa Huta, too.




I will wait till Autumn 2014 and give Nowa Huta a go at sightseeing. A sharp Autumn sun underlines Nowa Huta’s features much better than November rain. 


And Rejviz? It’s an evergreen regardless of the season.
PODPIS

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Dzięki za odwiedziny. Feel free to leave a comment...