10/29/2013

Project "Egg." A melodrama.

Life (not only a human life) tends to be complicated. Today's peacock is tomorrow's feather duster. Sometimes happiness, sometimes sorrow.


A bird’s life also tends to be ups and downs. Literally. Although in this case it is difficult to tell what’s happened. It’s the task for the ornithologist or Sherlock Holmes or Wroclaw detective Eberhard Mock, whom I like a lot.

Back to the point. I entered the balcony on the fourth day with the intention to say hello to the blackbird family. It was Sunday morning, the sun was shining. Suddenly, something drew my attention. What have I seen? Or, what I haven’t seen. There was only one bird out of four that hatched in the nest. The rest three were nowhere to be seen. The crime scene gave no further evidence where the three birds were, neither what has happened to them. I saw no bird bodies, bird feathers (that was pretty obvious as the chicks had no feathers whatsoever). Now, I do feel guilty I made some jokes about making the four blackbird eggs into a scrambled eggs. It turned out I’m a sadist which is obviously not true. I confess that I did not take part in it, neither my pan did, neither my dog did. What is left is that instead of quadruplets, there in an only child in the nest. A nameless chick.

Has anybody witnessed what’d happened?
Has it been for the dreadful blackbird parents to deprive their children of life? Or has it been a predator such as Sylvester the Cat from the cartoon movie to eat them for its breakfast?
I will appreciate any evidence to help me solve this puzzling story.
As one can see, not only human life is subject to dramas.
Meanwhile, the only child is growing rapidly...no wonder – I'm positive that if I were fed with big, fat caterpillars, I would end up as “Supersize Me.”

PODPIS

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Dzięki za odwiedziny. Feel free to leave a comment...